Review of Reliance GSM service in Maharashtra telecom circle
First thing we look in a Telecom operator is the call quality & network coverage. Here in Maharashtra state Reliance GSM provides very good call quality & network coverage. Second thing we consider is affordable & competitive tariffs and at what price sim card is available. Well these days everyone is providing there cards from Rs.10 & so is RIM. As far as tariff is concerned Reliance is better than others.
At present it doesn’t provide cards like Airtel friends in which we can call A2A at just 10p/min, but it provides monthly recharge by which we can call from a particular limit to unlimited FREE reliance to reliance calling .
Reliance GSM provide 3 calling plans in Maharashtra area:
1) Per second plan: Now-a-days everyone is providing this plan including Reliance .
2) 50p/min: here only RIM provides this plan only for Rs.48/year.
3) Rs. 1.20/3min: I don’t think any other operator provides such plan in India. This call rate is not only for local calls but also NATIONAL calls for LIFETIME only at recharge of Rs.38.
Now its time to look at SMS Rates; RIM provides best SMS packs I have ever seen, 3 available sms packs are:
1) 1p/sms pack: It is available for just Rs. 19/month.
2) Daily SMS pack: In this plan with a daily deduction of Rs.1 you can send 500 sms daily.
3) Monthly SMS Pack: Pay Rs.39 once a month & send 500 sms/day.
Now about GPRS service: In my area RIM provides downloading speed of 28-32 kBps which is one best speed in mobile internet. on the other hand its GPRS plans are costly as compared to Aircel & TATA Docomo. RIM provides GPRS at Rs.51/15 days with only 1GB usage whereas Tata Docomo provides at Rs.48/month with 2GB usage & Aircel provides at Rs.98/month with unlimited usage.
For callertune service; Reliance provides it at very affordable price of just Rs. 120/year. If you go on homepage of reliance, you will find latest callertunes for just Rs.10/90 days.
Considering all these factors i feel Reliance is far ahead of other telecom operators and this is the reason that Reliance has become 2nd largest telecom service provider of India in such less time. Hope you will like my review and do let me know about your experiences with Reliance telecom services.
A Review by : Sachin Mane from Satara district of Maharashtra state